Meghan Markle, Prince Harry warned ahead of Prince Philip’s funeral

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have been warned in no uncertain terms not to engage in any public-relations shenanigans in the wake of their bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview, in which they dished destructive dirt on the royal family even as Prince Philip was unwell, Express reports.

This warning comes after an insider told Heat Magazine that Meghan Markle and Harry harbored regrets about their interview, in particular its unfortunate timing given the then–precarious health of the Duke of Edinburgh.

Last week, Harry flew to London to prepare for the Saturday funeral of the Winsor patriarch. The Duke of Sussex is currently quarantining in his UK home base, Frogmore Cottage, in preparation for what will likely be a highly uncomfortable reunion with his father and brother, Prince Charles and Prince William, in particular.

An indignant and revolted Daily Mirror Royal Editor Russell Myers gave an interview to the Australian morning show Sunrise and expressed his disgust that Meghan Markle and Harry would dare try to rewrite the history of their Oprah sit-down. He warned them to back off and accept the hand they’d dealt themselves.

[Myers said:] “[T]his is probably not the time for PR games is it?”

Meghan and Prince Harry warned ‘not the time for PR games’ amid Oprah regret claim

The insider who spoke with Heat said that the Sussexes “needed to have their say” during the Oprah interview “and they couldn’t see any other way to do it.”

In the face of warnings for Markle and the duke not to plot their own media strategy, the source continued: “Harry and Meghan’s love and respect for Prince Philip and the Queen was never in doubt.”

Get the latest news and important stories. Download the free Knewz app for iOS and Android.

Myers, for his part, opined: “They might regret some things that they said and it’s certainly garnered a lot of attention. We’re still talking about it and we’ll still be talking about it for many months to come after the Duke of Edinburgh is buried.”

The Daily Star reports that Harry should take it as a warning that the Windsors are not pleased with him after the royal family posted a tribute to Prince Philip that featured the nonagenarian duke with his descendants and their spouses, but conspicuously omitted Meghan Markle and Archie Mountbatten-Windsor.

The Royal Family have been accused of making a “predictable mistake” by leaving Meghan Markle and Archie out of their photo tributes to Prince Philip.

Royals snub Meghan and Harry by ‘omitting’ Archie tribute with Philip, author claims

Daniela Elser, a royal journalist, marveled that the tribute included a photo of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip along with all their great grandchildren — except for Archie. Another family shot that included Harry, Prince William and Kate Middleton was from 2015, before the Duke of Sussex had met Meghan Markle. 

Elser warned the royal family that they were sending a clear message of their disapproval of Meghan Markle and Harry by excluding the Duchess of Sussex from their tributes.

“The conspicuous omission of the Los Angeles-born Duchess was always going to stand out like the wrong tartan on Hogmanay and will most likely be received just as well by her global army of supporters,” she wrote for news.com.au.

The Sun reports that another Aussie journalist, Edwina Bartholomew, has flat-out suggested that Meghan Markle should “just shut up” after a friend of the duchess’ told a news outlet that she was relieved not to be attending Prince Philip’s funeral with Harry. Meghan is grounded in California on account of her advanced state of pregnancy, however the unnamed friend suggested the duchess didn’t want to attend the somber event as she didn’t want to detract the focus from the 99-year-old duke’s life.

Considering the claims, Edwina, 37, raged: “That just really gets my goat.

TV host blasted by viewers as she tells pregnant Meghan Markle to ‘shut up’ in on-air rant

“I’ve reserved judgement about those two for quite some time, but if that is true, it just makes me so angry,” said an incensed Bartholomew.

“I still liked Harry and Meghan, I just, I just feel I’ve turned now,” she said before suggesting that Markle should watch what she says this week out of respect for Prince Philip’s memory.

“But for them to say that out loud,” the journalist continued, “just go with the Palace line wouldn’t you just for once. Just shut up.”

Express reports that as Harry faces seeing Prince William again this week, the rift between the brothers is “beyond repair” thanks to the damaging accusations Meghan Markle made about the royal family during the Oprah sit-down.

The two brothers chatted on the phone this week ahead of their highly-anticipated reunion for their grandfather Prince Philip’s funeral on Saturday. It will mark the first time Harry and William have reunited in person for over a year. Commentators have said the somber event is the perfect opportunity for the pair to patch things up, but an expert has claimed the rift might be “beyond repair”.

No going back: Harry & William rift ‘beyond repair’ after Meghan’s ‘unforgivable’ attack

Continue Reading >>> Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *